Case Evaluation Form

Road Accident Fund Claims | Personal Injury Claims

What is a 3rd party claim?

A third party claim (also referred to as a Motor Vehicle Accident claim) is a claim against the Road Accident fund (RAF), which was established to pay compensation to you if you suffer injuries and losses as a result of negligent driving of a motor vehicle. All people using South African Roads fund this scheme, by way of a levy on fuel. Please do contact us today if you have a road accident fund claim, we have a no win no pay policy, so give us a chance to have a look at your road accident fund claim today, you have got nothing to lose.

What can you claim?

Your compensation for road accident fund claims will depend on the injuries you suffer, but generally comprised of the following:

  • Medical and hospital expenses.
  • The anticipated cost of future medical costs that will be necessary over your lifetime incurred as a result of the road accident.
  • Past loss earnings, which would include loss of opportunity to be promoted or receive a bonus due to the injuries you suffered in the road accident.
  • Future loss of earnings which may result over your lifetime, either by a reduction in your working life, or by your not being in a position to resume your former occupation or proceed with your intended career path as a result of the road accident.
  • General damages for pain and suffering, loss of amenities of life, emotional shock and disfigurement, but restricted to serious/sever injuries only.

When should you claim from the Road Accident Fund?

Generally speaking, a road accident claim must be lodged within 3 years of the accident. If you are a minor, then your road accident claim will not prescribe until 3 years after you turn 18. If the collision is caused by an unidentified vehicle, then the claim must be lodged within 2 years of the road accident, irrespective of whether you are a minor or not. You should however see an attorney (who specializes in personal injury) as soon as possible after the road accident has occurred.

What will it cost?

If your road accident claim is handled by an attorney who specializes in personal injury law, then in all probability, the attorney will only charge you a fee at the successful completion of your road accident fund claim. Your attorney will not be paid if your road accident claim is unsuccessful and there will be no payment "out of your pocket". There is little or no risk to yourself, especially if you use and attorney that specializes in road accident claims.

Road Accident Claims Articles



Take advantage of our "no win, no pay" policy. You have everything to gain, and nothing to lose.